Questions for Personal Reflection and Group Discussion
Read Ephesians 3:14-21
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and
on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts
through faith that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- What are some questions you have about the Holy Spirit, or what are some things you hope to understand better through this sermon series?
- What can we learn about the purpose of the Holy Spirit through this passage?
- How does this passage inform our ‘theory of change’?
- Can you think back to a time in your life when your ‘theory of change’ was incorrect?
- How does having a healthy theory of change free us to love?
- What would it mean for us to ‘see inside the cocoon’? Was this idea impactful for you? How?
- What did Bobby mean when he said we can ‘swing away at life’ because of the assurance of the love of God for us? How could this change us, and give us freedom?
- What did you sense God saying to you through this message?